Do you have a heart for international missions and would like to go where God's love is really needed? Meet the people of Nepal. Below are some facts about this country (from Vision Beyond Borders--- their website) you may need in deciding to go there and be an ambassador of the Gospel:
- a country locked between China and India
- ranked among the poorest and least developed nations in the world (1/3 of the population lives below poverty line)
- Population: 30,000,000
- 48% literacy rate
- 80% of its population practices Hinduism
- Human trafficking is a serious problem in this country (10,000-15,000 girls are tricked or sold every year into servitude, either as domestic, factory or sex workers). "Dalals" (brokers) sell Nepali girls for around
$2,500 to the brothels of Mumbai.
- an estimate of over 100,000 Nepali women work in Indian brothels, over half of which are HIV positive
We hope and pray that God would raise new laborers for the work of spreading the Gospel to the Nepali people, thereby giving them the assurance of a better life in Heaven someday.